Payment Pages are designed to provide your customers with a web-based form to enter payments. Links can be included in emails to your clients or they can be added directly from your website. Pages can be general as well as item-based information.
- Go to the Payment Pages section in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Add Page button.
- Give your page both an internal name and payer facing display name. The display name will appear as a header at the top of the page just underneath your logo.
- Select which Merchant Account (bank account) payments processed through this page should use. You can only use one bank account per page.
- Select which type of page you want - General or Item-based. General pages simply collect a total and do not calculate. Item-based allows you to display certain items (requires prior setup). After the client selects items and quantities, the page calculates what total to charge to the card.
- Defaults for the Disclaimer and Recaptcha and Surcharging (if applicable) are configured in Settings but you can override them by checking the box on the individual payment page details.
- Language if you intend to offer French and/or Spanish versions of this page. Languages are configured in Settings, which should be done prior to enabling on the payment page. (Note: If Spanish or French are enabled and ClientPay detects a user browsing in one of these languages, ClientPay will automatically load the page for them in their browser's default language.)
- Select which Default Fields you want to display on your page and whether they should be required or optional.*
- If you have created Custom Fields, select which ones you want to display on your page and whether they should be required or optional.
- If you use one of our Connect modules, select which Connect Fields you want to display on your page and whether they should be required or optional.
- Enterprise Connect Only - Check the box next to Create Posting Record if you would like to be able to post the payment to Elite.
- By checking this box all Connect Fields become required.
- On Account - Check this box to have the cardholder enter a matter number to apply the payment to an account. Leave the box unchecked to have the cardholder enter an invoice number to use for payment allocation.
- It is very important to review your records regularly for data conflicts to prevent and/or resolve posting errors as quickly as possible.
- Click Save to save your settings.
A form URL is automatically generated when the page is saved. This is the link you will add to your website or emails.
If you have added a payment page to your website, you can embed it with a script so clients don't ever leave your website to make a payment.
*We only require the street address and zip code or country code for address verification. You cannot remove the City and State fields from the Billing Address section of your payment form but, if you have international clients, you can mark the fields as optional instead of required so your clients can complete the form and make a payment.