Payers is a place for you to store your customer’s payment data as well as payment history. A Payer can have multiple stored payment methods as well as multiple Payment Schedules.
You can enter new records under the Payers section in the left navigation bar, there is a Save As Payer checkbox on the Enter Payments screen and you can create payers using the information that already exists from a previous payment.
Create A Payer
- Go to Payers in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Add Payer button.
- Complete as much information as you can. Fields highlighted in yellow are required.
- First Name and Last Name should be what appears on the actual card. Payer name can be either the cardholder name or the business name but this is where you specify what name you want to use for the record.
- Once you click save, other tabs such as Payment Methods, Payment Schedule, Invoices, Associations and Payment History will appear so you can complete the payer's profile.
Save As Payer
You can choose to create a payer record as you are processing the first payment for a customer.
- Go to Enter Payments.
- Complete the required fields to process a payment.
- Check the box next to Save As Payer that is located in the Billing Address section of the Enter Payments screen.
- Click Submit to process the payment.
The View Payer button on the Payment Approved screen will take you directly to that payer's new record in the Payers section. The payment method used to process the payment is automatically saved for future use and the payment you processed will appear in Payment History.
Create Payer (from a previous transaction)
- Go to Payment Manager.
- Select the parameters you would like to use to tailor your search.
- Select a transaction and click to view Payment Details.
- Go to Payment Method in the upper right corner and click Create Payer.
- Review the details on the screen and make any necessary adjustments.
- Click Save to create the new Payer record.
The payer's payment history begins with the first payment processed from the payer record. If you created the payer from an existing transactions, all future payments will appear under the Payment History tab but previous transactions for the same account do not pull in.
NOTE: Any future payments processed from this payer record will have a Go To Payer link in the upper right corner of the Payment Details to take you to that payer. Any previous payments (including the one you used to create the payer are still not tied to the payer record. If you click the Payment Details, the link in the upper right corner will still say Create Payer. If you click the link again, you will create a duplicate payer record.