Payers is a place for you to store your customer’s payment data as well as payment history. A Payer can have multiple stored payment methods as well as multiple Payment Schedules.
You can enter new records under the Payers section in the left navigation bar but there are also several areas throughout the software where you can save a Payer using the information that already exists from a previous payment. There is also a Save As Payer checkbox on the Enter Payments screen.
Create A Payer
- Go to Payers in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Add Payer button.
- Complete as much information as you can. Fields highlighted in yellow are required.
- First Name and Last Name should be what appears on the actual card. Payer name can be either the cardholder name or the business name but this is where you specify what name you want to use for the record.
- Once you click save, other tabs such as Payment Methods, Payment Schedule, Invoices and Payment History will appear.
Add Cards to Wallets
- While still in the Payer Record, go to the Payment Methods tab.
- Click the Add Method button.
- Enter as much information as you can. The street address and zip code are required in order for you to get the best processing rate. PCI Standards prohibit storing the CVV code, which is the 3-digit security code on the back of the card. The code is not required and will not affect your rate.
- Click the Save or Save and Make Primary button.