If you are regularly meeting with clients face-to-face, the Swipe a Card area of Enter Payments is a great way to increase speed and accuracy. Swiped transactions eliminate the risk of human error when typing in card numbers and they typically move at a faster pace when less information needs to be keyed. This option requires an encrypted card reader that plugs into the USB port of your computer.
- Go to Enter Payments in the left navigation bar.
- The default screen is Enter Payments. Click the Swipe a Card tab.
- Fill in as much information as possible. You will notice that the only required field is Amount. The magnetic strip on the credit card will automatically populate the card number, expiration date and required cardholder account information.
- Enter an email address if you wish to send a receipt by email. You may enter multiple addresses separated by a comma. If you do not wish to send by email, you do have the option to print a receipt after the transaction is approved but it will be printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper using your computer's printer.
- Click the Swipe button at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts on the screen.
Note: This is an optional add-on feature. If you do not want this feature in your environment, please have one of your firm administrators email a request to email@example.com to have the feature disabled. The software does not support third-party devices. If you need to purchase a reader, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on placing an order.