If you have a QuickBooks Online account and have completed the integration with ClientPay, you can easily make payments on QuickBooks invoices or accounts and post those payments back to QuickBooks.
Make A Payment
- Go to QuickBooks Connect in the left menu bar and click Make a Payment.
- Select whether you would like to Search by Customer or Search by Invoice.
- Use the search field at the top of the screen. Try to be as specific as possible to reduce the number of returned results.
- Use the checkbox on the left side to make your selection and click Next.
- You will see a list of all open invoices that match your criteria. Use the Amount column to allocate the full payment amount to the desired invoice(s) and click Next.
- Choose a Payer.
- Use the Choose Payment Method dropdown to select a different card from the Payer's wallet or enter a new card number. If you are entering a new card, all yellow fields are required in order to process the payment. The CVV code is recommended but not required in order to process the payment. Check the box next to Save Payment Method if you would like to add the card to the Payer's wallet.
- An email address is required for a customer receipt to be sent. This field does support multiple addresses (separate with a comma).
- Click Submit to process the payment.
- From the final confirmation screen, you can click to View Payment Details, Print Receipt(s) or proceed to Manage Postings.
Go to QuickBooks Connect in the left menu bar and click Manage Postings. The results grid defaults to a list of pending payments, which means the payment was processed but has not been posted to QuickBooks yet.
Use the Show dropdown menu if you wish to review a different status. Pending are payments waiting to be posted. Posted contains payments that successfully posted to QuickBooks. Removed means the payment is removed from the pending status because no further action is needed but you do not wish to post it to QuickBooks.
There are three options for handling the list of Pending payments:
- Click the Post All button automatically post the entire list of payments to QuickBooks.
- If you are not selecting the entire list, only check the box next to the payments you would like to post and then click the Post Selected to QuickBooks button.
- If there are items that you posted manually in QuickBooks or for whatever reason do not want to post to QuickBooks, you can check the box(es) next to those items and click Remove Posts. This removes the items from the Pending bucket so you know no further action is needed without sending them over to QuickBooks.
This is an optional add-on feature. If you do not want this feature in your environment, please have one of your firm administrators email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the feature disabled.