The "CP" button (only available in ProLaw versions 2014 and later) allows you to process transactions through ClientPay without ever leaving ProLaw.
- Select a client, matter, or open invoice
- Click the CP button
- ProLaw makes a service call to ClientPay and launches a new browser window to a ClientPay provided URL
- Select the invoice you would like to pay, enter payment data and process the payment.
- ClientPay processes and captures the payment.
- Depending on your settings, journals are automatically posted at the time of payment or manually posted from ClientPay when the funds are received.
To use this feature, it needs to be configured in your ProLaw software. Please email email@example.com to let us know you need CP button credentials. This process can take 24-48 hours. We will reply with the token you need to properly configure the button.
Once the steps outlined below are completed, the CP button will automatically appear in Matters, Ledgers and Contacts within ProLaw.
For ProLaw Version 2019.1:
- Log into ProLaw
- Go to System Preferences
- Check the box next to ClientPay.
- Go to Configure ClientPay Firm Credentials > Token
- Enter the token provided by ClientPay support
For all other versions of ProLaw that support the CP button:
- Log into ProLaw
- Go to Tools> Setup > Professionals
- Select a professional
- Client Pay Firm Key: Enter the token provided by ClientPay support
- Client Pay Email: Enter the token provided by ClientPay support
- Client Pay Firm Identifier: Enter the token provided by ClientPay support
- Repeat this process with the same email token for each professional. Credentials are the same for all users but need to be added to each professional in ProLaw in order for those users to all see the button on their logins.