The CP button (only available in ProLaw versions 2014 and later) allows you to process transactions through ClientPay without ever leaving ProLaw.
- Select a client, matter, or open invoice and click the "CP" button.
- ProLaw makes a service call to ClientPay and launches a new browser window to a ClientPay provided URL.
- Select the invoice you would like to pay, enter payment data and process the payment.
- ClientPay processes and captures the payment.
- Depending on your settings, journals are automatically posted at the time of payment or manually posted from ClientPay when the funds are received.
To use this feature, it needs to be configured in your ProLaw software. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you need CP button credentials. This process can take 24-48 hours. We will reply to your email with a ClientPay Firm Key and ClientPay Email.
Credentials are the same for all users but need to be added to each professional in ProLaw in order for those users to all see the button on their logins.
- Go to TOOLS > SETUP > PROFESSIONALS.
- Select a professional.
- Add the firm key and email your received from the ClientPay Support Team.
Once the above steps are completed, the CP button will automatically appear in Matters, Ledgers and Contacts within ProLaw.