The Connect integration comes with a Payer Portal so clients can log into ClientPay to view open invoices, make payments, manage saved payment methods and view transaction history. Click here for more information about Payers.
Set Associations to control content
If you have one of our Connect modules, you will have an Associations tab on each saved Payer. This dictates what clients are able to retrieve and view from your database.
- Go to Payers in the left navigation bar
- Use Search to locate an existing payer and click Edit or create a new payer.
- Go to the Associations tab
- Click Add Association (+)
- Use the Search By field to pull up specific customers and set specific parameters for what you want them to be able to see. You can limit them to a specific Client Name, Matter Number, etc.
- Check the box next to the results you would like to use
- Click the Create Association button
- Repeat this process until all necessary restrictions have been set
Inviting new users
Once you have set the associations for your Payer, you can opt to turn on online access.
- On the Payer Information tab, go to the Login Access toggle to the right of the email address and change the button from Off to On
- A pop up message will appear at the top of your screen as soon as the welcome email has been successfully sent to your client
- The welcome email provides the login URL and walks them though creating a custom password
- Once access has been granted. you can use the red delete button or the blue password reset button on the Payer Details page to manage users
Note: Although the system does not prevent you from editing the email address on this screen, login access will not work properly if you change the email address. If your client changes their email address, it is best to delete their old address and add the new one.