The Connect module allows firms to sync time and billing with ClientPay to accept payments and automatically post back to their matter management system. At this time, Connect is available for Enterprise, 3E, ProLaw and Aderant. Implementation requires installation of a web service and running a script of stored procedures. For more information, click here to review our installation guides.
Only payments originating through the Connect module can be posted. All of your ClientPay payments will appear in the Payment Manager but payments processed via Enter Payments, Payment Schedules, Bill Now and Payment Pages will not appear in the Manage Postings section in the Connect area of your ClientPay portal and must be manually added to your matter management system.
The Manage Postings area organizes all of your approved Connect transactions into 5 different default views.
- Pending - Approved transactions awaiting another action. Post Selected means you are sending this item to your matter management software via the integration, which moves it to the Posted bucket. Remove Posts means you have manually accounted for this item so it should not be sent via the integration, which moves it to the Removed bucket.
- Posted - Transactions that have been posted to your matter management software.
- Removed - Transactions that do not require further action but were not posted through the integration.
- Queued - As soon as you hit the Post Selected button, they will sit in the Queued bucket until they are successfully posted. It may take up to 10 minutes for items to post via the integration.
- All (Read Only) - All Connect transactions appear in the view but this is for reporting purposes only. You cannot post or close anything from this screen.
The Export to Excel feature allows you to view the results in spreadsheet form. You can reorganize the data to better serve your needs, use it to reconcile other systems, save it or even import into other programs.
If an item is removed in error, it can can be moved back to Pending and posted through the integration but postings cannot be undone once they have been sent.
Once items in the Pending bucket are posted, this process creates text files and holds them in a folder on your server. The receipt posting process will grab them from this location for your matter management software to retrieve. It may take up to 10 minutes to transfer the files. Depending on the integration, you may need a credit upload process in your matter management software to finalize the batch.